Monday 11 December 2006

Cars Drive By With The...: 2007

When I think about it, I must give LL some credit! If not for longevity, it must be for entertaining this African as a kid.
I was a skinny lil' boy in 1990 listening to my Aiwa portable cassette player while LL was trying his utmost best to deafen me with the fact that he's a mommy's boy! Of course I like "Mama Said Knock You Out" but for me the title track was neither here nor there, it was ALL about the" BOOMIN' SYSTEM"!
Evoking feelings of childhood glee is a cover of Boomin' System by a gent from the Bay area named Balance. I sport the most uncontrollable grin everytime I hear either version - my cheeks ache real bad. Just so everyone knows where I stand on LL now - Canibus' "2nd Round K.O." is superior to the lame "Ripper Strikes Back"

Obviously, I could not just post the single track for your listening pleasure, so it comes packaged with compilation #07: Boomin' System 2K7...


01 Intro: Rocket Church - Majestic 12
02 MySpace Jumpoff - Grafh
03 Boomin' System - Balance
04 A-Yo - Bossman
05 Grew Up A Screw Up [rmx] - Ludacris + Young Jeezy & Lil' Wayne
06 Block Music (Bang) - Shawnna + I-20
07 Push It [rmx] - Rick Ross + Bun B, Jadakiss, Styles P & The Game
08 Make It Rain [rmx] - Fat Joe + Trina & Lil' Wayne
09 Weatherman - Jim Jones + Stack Bundles & Lil' Wayne
10 Hypnotize - Young Jeezy
11 Iceman - Lloyd Banks + Young Buck, 8-Ball & Scarface
12 Shine On 'Em - Nas
13 Interlude: Hector the Killer MC
14 Bang! - The Game + Kurupt & Daz
15 Parody: LL Cool J, Snoop Dogg, DMX & Jay-Z - Aries Spears
16 Trill - Clipse
17 Wanna Move - P. Diddy + Big Boi, Scar & Ciara
18 Na Ya'atan (Lean Back) - Kaw Kesie
19 Bad Man - Missy Elliott + Vybz Kartel & MIA
20 Ay Chico (Lengua Afuera) - Pitbull
[bonus track] Boomin' System - LL Cool J


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now that's more like it :-)

I'm now going to refer to you as 'Mr mixtape' seeing as you've had a change in career lol